Friday, February 22, 2008

Levi: the driving musician

Levi has been bugging me for almost 2 weeks to get his pictures up. I was beginning to wonder who's blog this is?! I did have intentions of posting his latest big news so after much teenage persuasion (begging, bugging, nagging, whining) my intentions are becoming actions.

Levi finished drivers ed the end of January and has his permit. This means it is now up to his parents (ok - mostly me) to help him get his 60 hours of drive time in the next 6 months so that he can get his license. I really am comfortable with him driving, more comfortable at times than with his dad driving :S However, Rexburg has been an icy mess since he got his permit and most days I don't know if I trust myself, let alone the 5000+ college students, and one teenage permit driver driving around town. I did give in and let him drive out to our new house which is in the country and he did great. Then he drove a good part of the way to Utah for the shower and I was impressed with his willingness to ask questions and his concentration. He did find though that driving is "BORING" when you have 5 hours to go. He gave in part way and had me finish out the trip so that he could read.


Levi's other news is that he now has a Warlock - not just any electric guitar, but a Warlock! It took him a while to convince us that he should get it but after his willingness to bring up, and keep up, his grades and funding it himself without using his savings he finally ordered it. And it was on backorder. Which of course is my fault for putting it off so long. He now has it, the amp and oodles of music to work with but the coffin case (that's really what it is called) is still on backorder. He has been great to follow the rules (grades, quiet time using the headphones, and still practicing the viola). I have actually been quite impressed with his skills on it. It sounds like real music!

So there Levi, it's posted!!

4 comments:

Kara said...

He is the next American Idol!!! Well, if American Idol was for driving musicians. Looks great..and from what I heard, sounds great also.

Ashley said...

Every kid needs face time on their Mom's blogs.

I think back to when my mom had to endure my driving with a permit and I am grateful and scared. (for payback!)

Jen said...

found you through thou shalt not whine. Is that his room or a hot wheels store?

Love the guitar. You are kind to post the pictures at his request. I make my husband put his stuff on his own blog most times.

Ally said...

You're an awesome mom! ;)

He sounds like a pretty responsible guy.