Sunday, February 17, 2008

Derek's Totem Pole

Derek had an assigment for one of his classes (6th grade) to do a totem pole representing his family. I didn't help him on any of this, I only got to see the finished project. He used 2 paper towel tubes, taped them together, gathered the pictures, pasted them onto his 'pole' and had a family totem pole. He also had to provide a description of why he chose each animal for each person in the family. I couldn't believe how appropriate each animal seemed (especially mine, wahahaha). So here are the pictures he used and his descriptions. Sorry, I didn't get a picture of the finished project.


Dad - head of the family

Mom - more quiet, pretty
Levi - big, strong, looks cool, awesome
Erika - good at getting out of trouble, sneaky
Derek - quiet and observant, tall and gangly

Justin - rolls up into a ball and rolls all over, he is small

Nathan - small, has big cheeks, cute

4 comments:

Ally said...

I don't really know anyone in your family, but from looking at the pictures and the descriptions, it looks like it was a fun project, and I hope he receives a top grade! :)

Kara said...

I think you really did a great job of picking the animals and describing why it described each person. Great job Derek! (What animal would I be I wonder?)

Laurie said...

This is such a great project and I love the thought and creativity that went into it. It's fun to see how our children interpret their world around them.

Kate said...

I liked Erika's best of all...knows how to get out of trouble and sneaky, how funny! More so for me I'm sure than you...