We began with jars, tissue paper, mod podge and a huge mess on the table.
Our little monsters came together quickly and now sit in our window sill lighting up our October evenings.
Then came the real creative chaos. With knives a blazing and guts a flying we filled our porch with a spooky pumpkin welcome for all who dare come our way.
Erika and Bri had to get back to homework so their half carved pumpkins still sit, unlit, on the kitchen counter. Nathan's is a cute star but somehow didn't make it into the picture hall of fame and if I wait until dark {scary movie!} to take a picture I will most likely forget and then never get this posted. I have yet to do a pumpkin this year as my duty rests solely in answering the numerous calls of "mom, mom, mom", therefore leaving little time to be a pumpkin perfectionist. Now the mood has passed and I need to focus on costumes . . . oh, and what to fix for dinner tonight.


3 comments:
Those spooky jars are such a great/cute idea. The pumpkins turned out awesome!! I need to come over and you can teach me how to be a cool mom!!
I did a good job for my first time ever carving pumpkins. Thanks for all the fun activities. I think I will make some of the jars this week.
All I've done for Halloween so far is get bags from you, get stickers from you, trace pictures onto them and help decorate the class. Today I am bushed with just the standing for an hour decorating. Nothing spectacular but luckily my kids don't know what they are missing. Maybe as they get older I will have more energy to do fun things.
I agree with Mary that I'm taking notes on how to be a cool mom!!!
Post a Comment