Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sabbath Sweetness

We can't seem to have a family activity without loads of sugar to go with it!

Last Sunday we spent 4 hours making sugar cookies. We didn't just slop on the frosting, we actually decorated them. Then, in an attempt to walk off some of the sugar high we were on, we delivered cookies to our neighbors. Sugar is sweeter when shared!

This Sunday we made carmel apples with all kinds of candy bars chunked up to decorate the sides and as if that wasn't enough we drizzled glaze around the top. Just looking at one of those apples gave me a sugar rush. Luckily, we didn't lose any fillings or permanent teeth during this project.

This week we tried even harder to burn some of those million extra calories with a few games of Twister. After being forced into a few yoga moves by our spinner LeRoy, we were laughing so hard that our faces hurt. At least that helps burn calories too, right?

For some reason we don't have head shots in any of the Twister pictures, only backsides. So, yeah, you won't see a picture of me playing Twister! You just have to believe my sore muscles that I did.

Our sugar insanity leeched into Monday as we prepared to Boo the neighbors. Everyone had a chocolate assignment: cake, pudding, crushed Oreo's, cookies, kisses. It was a madhouse of gravestones and witches hats! With frosting streaking the kitchen, crumbs scattered all over the floor, and evidence smeared on a few snitching faces, we headed out in our finest mugger attire to doorbell ditch our friends in the great spirit of Halloween.


Next Sunday there will be NO sugar. We are carving pumpkins and playing games!!
(yeah, right mom!)

You too can Boo! Go here to pick a picture . The poem that we liked best is here.

5 comments:

Joseph and Mary + Seven said...

Those are awesome treats. The cookies turned out great and I love the RIP cups and witches hats. Great ideas!

JT42 said...

yummy!!! i guess i should get into gear and actually introduce the idea of sugar to my kids, eh?? lol...they have all the ingredients for caramel apples-they just need a motivated momma :D

Kate said...

It all looks so wonderful and yummy. I wish you were my neighbors!

Would you mind forwarding on the recipes to the RIP cups and witch hats? (I know I should just be able to figure it out from the pic, but I'm lazy)I need some fun activities to do with the boys this week because Korben doesn't have school (PT conferences). They will also be great treats to add to our halloween party next week. Woohoo for Halloween!!

Jessica said...

Kim your so cool. I hope to do as
much with my kids.

KJBBBG said...

Fun, Fun, fun. Your neighbors must love you. I'm totally mixed on whether it all looks yummy or not. Normally I would want to eat this delicious sugar fun but heartburn has started already and now it takes me forever to even decide what to eat for dinner for fear of making it worse.

The kids probably love all this creative sharing and they're happy times they'll always remember. Good job!!!!