I finished ALL of my projects today!!!
I had a great time getting high on spray paint, chatting it up with friends in full yelling while sanding down our projects with loud electric sanders (my ears are still ringing), munching away on a delicious spinach salad and conquering the air gun all in one day! Not to mention the sticky fun we had with mod podge, paper trimmers, glue guns, hammer 'n nails and a whole lot of silliness. It was just the kind of day I needed.
When I got my projects home I had enough cheers, high fives, ooh's and ahh's from my kids to last a good long while. Once LeRoy finally had the two rather large objects pointed out to him by Nathan his only comment was "oh, when did you make those". Evidently, nineteen years of Super Saturdays only meant to LeRoy that I was leaving for the day to pick up projects to stick in the closet and forget about.
Don't you love my little Van(na) White? He was very excited about the temple block (it's hard to see but it is the Rexburg temple with the saying "I'm going there someday"). I think he has claimed that for his own.
The only downer to the day was the constant reminder from 2 of the members of the RS presidency that this was our last super Saturday/enrichment/activity EVER! (Their interpretation of the general broadcast a few weeks ago.) Oh, we can still have book group, quilt class, the mom and me day, and we can plan craft or baking activities on our own, no one has a calling for it, and none of them will be under the direction of RS and none of them will be announced in RS. I'm thinkin' it's time to plan a few parties. Today was way to much fun to give up! Thanks girls for a fun day!!
The only downer to the day was the constant reminder from 2 of the members of the RS presidency that this was our last super Saturday/enrichment/activity EVER! (Their interpretation of the general broadcast a few weeks ago.) Oh, we can still have book group, quilt class, the mom and me day, and we can plan craft or baking activities on our own, no one has a calling for it, and none of them will be under the direction of RS and none of them will be announced in RS. I'm thinkin' it's time to plan a few parties. Today was way to much fun to give up! Thanks girls for a fun day!!


7 comments:
WOW! Very impressive use of a Saturday! I can't believe you did all of that in one activity. Way to go! Sounds like it was a fun day with the girl and you have such cute things to show for it.
I love the projects. I wish we could get more enthusiam for some of those kinds of things.
I couldn't have been at the same meeting your president went to or I was brain dead or something but I certainly didn't get the same meaning out of the message as she did. I even went back and read the message which I think she needs to do. Someone will need to set her straight-we don't give up Relief Society just because of dropping a long cumbersome name.
Awesome projects. Next to your boys they look so much bigger than I initially that. I especially love the temple block. I wish my ward was doing some cool things like that.
i should have come to your super saturday, those are some fun projects! LOVE the temple tile-what a great idea! your Van(na) is precious
Wow! You did some impressive work there! I love the Vanna White model! And your projects turned out GREAT! I can't believe that there isn't going to be any more Super Saturdays there! :( I LOVE SUPER SATURDAYS! (regardless!)
I love all your projects and I think it's really sad that they are quitting Super Saturday's there. Do the jack-o-lantern and snow man go on the front porch or are they indoor? They look pretty big next to Nathan.
Much better than the projects I get to pick from.
Um, yeah...those are some serious Super Saturday projects...here I was so proud of my little things that I made at ours and now I don't think I'll even bother posting them.
Maybe someday you can give me a lesson on craftiness...I'm seriously lacking in that department.
Post a Comment