
John and Audi's wedding on the dock was very beautiful.
Even though I have four brothers in the military I have never seen them in uniform for more than a parade so seeing the Marine part of the wedding was new. It certainly added a respect and solemnity to the event, clear up until one of the sword carrying Marines swatted Audi on the seat end with his sword. Evidently, that's tradition and it did bring a giggle from the crowd. I can see that John has really made some brother-friends during his military service.

The traveling part of this trip was just as much fun as the actual event. Flying with Mike, Kate, and Kara made for side splitting laughter as we spent our wait time in the airports watching crazy You-Tube videos and swapping stories. Playing games in the hotel also had us laughing like we were little kids. The night before the wedding we crowded Mike, Kate, Kara, Kellie, Mom and I onto one bed (since there wasn't enough floor space) to battle out a game of Word on the Street. John showed up a bit later and added even more silliness. I love game time with my family! What fun we have together!
No comments:
Post a Comment