Tuesday, August 27, 2013

August

I enjoy watching the family play games together
and I love playing the games with them (seldom a photo of that though).


When things get really quiet it is usually because of the cats, the electronics, or a brief nap.


Hyrum is not usually part of the quiet.  He is always the entertainment.
Most of the time he is a superhero but every once in a while he's just some creepy character with bad teeth.


We had one of Justin's moles taken off of his scalp.  It was growing little moles on it and it was itchy and irritating so it was time to get rid of - in his words - his "pregnant mole". Even doctors appointments are fun with Justin. The nurse gave him a glove to blow up but that wasn't entertaining enough for him so he put it on and did his best Michael Jackson impression.


I had been honest with him about the pain when he asked if it was going to hurt.  I told him is was like getting immunizations done and that it would just be a prick, the mole would go numb and he wouldn't feel them cut it off.  He seemed very calm throughout the ordeal, even joking with the nurse and doctor the whole time. On the way out he said, "I think you forgot to take into account my pain tolerance".  He wasn't pretending to be tough, it was easy for him.  All the joint pain he endures made getting a mole cut off seem as simple as getting a haircut.

Justin did flips and handstands in nearly every place we went this summer:


No comments: