August 28th
My "little boys"
Nathan is in 2nd grade and Hyrum is in kindergarten. They are both so excited!
We went late to the annual back to school breakfast in our neighborhood. The boys wanted to have crepes instead of fruit and muffins so we ate at home and then met up with everyone else to catch the bus. Kids were busy comparing new backpacks and shoes, discussing teachers and the older kids helped the nervous younger kids get on the bus.
My "big boys"
Derek is a senior and Justin is a freshman. They weren't quite as excited for another years of school.
I twiddled my thumbs during my alone time. After spending every day of the summer with my kids, the empty hours were far more quiet than I was ready for. I was happy to see the bus coming around the corner and thrilled to see the boys running to me already talking about their day.
We sat on the grass together so that I could hear all about it. They love their teachers and the classes!
My days have since filled and my alone time is my work time. Though it was hard to send all of them off to school this year it does feel good to work while they are gone and then shut the door on work to spend the afternoon and evening hearing about their day, helping with homework and focusing on family without splitting my thoughts with what I still need to do in the office.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment