
While I was on the phone with LeRoy Saturday afternoon, I wandered out to the garage to manually turn on the sprinklers. Nathan was following me around, Hyrum was chattering in the kitchen and everyone else was gone. When I got off the phone with LeRoy I couldn't find Nathan. Worried that he had left the garage instead of following me back into the house, I started calling for him outside . . . nothing. He was no where to be found or heard.
I checked the ditch, the road, the neighbors yard, his room, the basement . .. I'm starting to panic. I headed back to the garage, through the mudroom, and in my peripheral vision noticed the dryer door was open. On an impulse, or impression, I went to the dryer and opened it. I was met with a "Peet aboo" and a big grin.
I took a deep breath and said "you scared me". He grinned even bigger. I went to get the camera.
When LeRoy and the other kids got home about 3-5 minutes later he was still there, but they didn't know that. Derek and Justin sat on the bench across from the dryer to take off their shoes and out pops a head from the dryer, "Peet aboo". They both jumped.
I really have tried to go to Relief Society but it seems that I haven't been there for longer than 5-10 minutes for the entire month of July. Because I feel like the family just assumes I am skipping church, I took a picture of today's reason to leave.

Having Hyrum sit on my lap creates only one direction for the mess to go. The trip home was a little intense because I didn't dare set Hyrum in his carseat, or lay him on his back, or hold him up against me because it was seeping through the shirt so bad. So, because we live in such a country area with so little traffic (everyone was at church but us) he rode on the passenger seat on his belly. When I got home I grabbed one of the old towels to change him on and quickly took a picture. As soon as the picture was taken he spewed from the top and because he was on his belly, he plopped his face in it. I just chuckled, wondering what to clean up first and how to even begin. Let's just say we were both a bit messy before we were both clean. Wow, what a mess!
I checked the ditch, the road, the neighbors yard, his room, the basement . .. I'm starting to panic. I headed back to the garage, through the mudroom, and in my peripheral vision noticed the dryer door was open. On an impulse, or impression, I went to the dryer and opened it. I was met with a "Peet aboo" and a big grin.
I took a deep breath and said "you scared me". He grinned even bigger. I went to get the camera.When LeRoy and the other kids got home about 3-5 minutes later he was still there, but they didn't know that. Derek and Justin sat on the bench across from the dryer to take off their shoes and out pops a head from the dryer, "Peet aboo". They both jumped.
I really have tried to go to Relief Society but it seems that I haven't been there for longer than 5-10 minutes for the entire month of July. Because I feel like the family just assumes I am skipping church, I took a picture of today's reason to leave.

Having Hyrum sit on my lap creates only one direction for the mess to go. The trip home was a little intense because I didn't dare set Hyrum in his carseat, or lay him on his back, or hold him up against me because it was seeping through the shirt so bad. So, because we live in such a country area with so little traffic (everyone was at church but us) he rode on the passenger seat on his belly. When I got home I grabbed one of the old towels to change him on and quickly took a picture. As soon as the picture was taken he spewed from the top and because he was on his belly, he plopped his face in it. I just chuckled, wondering what to clean up first and how to even begin. Let's just say we were both a bit messy before we were both clean. Wow, what a mess!
3 comments:
too much fun, i would say! holy cow, that is just a funny post...i needed a laugh like that, thanks.
Crazy. I like it that you have proof for the rest of your family why you left. I'm in shock and awe at the mess such a little body can create and what a wonderful mother who just takes care of it with no one saying thank you. You deserve a treat for that one.
That is some serious poop! I understand feeling like you have to explain yourself when you miss church so much...don't worry, all mom's get it.
Post a Comment