Friday, July 11, 2008

Uncle John

It was great having John visit us for a couple of days. Though he may feel that he was a little ignored by the kids while he was here he sure leaves an impression on them. Here are some of my favorite pictures of John.

Entertaining the crowd on the 4th of July


Teasing with Landon


Chillin' with Hyrum

Erika looked out her window to see this and commented: "Holy crap he's buff! Mom, where's the camera? I have to show this to Ali!"


This should be some kind of ad or something. Even the 'stubborn marine' can appreciate a little quiet fishing time and a Dr. Pepper.

The 2 memories of our time with John that don't have pictures are with Derek and Nathan.

John was wearing a "Hooters" t-shirt and we kept teasing about it, John defending that they just have great wings. Derek was clueless, which is good, but really wanted in on the secret.

Nathan greeted John with a 'hang loose' sign of the fingers saying 'sup' to be real cool. John worked on teaching him the 'rock on' sign instead so it didn't look silly. Way to protect the kids' cool reputation!

We all love you John!

1 comment:

Kate said...

You got some great pics. John can always draw in a crowd can't he? I wish I could phrase things in such a way that people were drawn to me immediately.

I love the fishing picture...priceless.