Background info: Erika and I were waiting for Levi to get home from Montana last night and decided to do pilates (at 9:30pm). I have several dvd's with 10 minute target workouts so we started with those. It's like eating Pringles: I can't stop at just one. By the time the first 10 minutes is done, I'm ready for more. The short of it . . . 45 minutes later . . . my abs and thighs were shaking, we were both sweaty and Erika even admitted that it was a good workout. We attempted ending with Winsor Pilates, which has all the teasers that I've never quite mastered, and we just ended up on the floor laughing. Maybe the laughing at the end burned a few extra calories.
Erika: ballroom dance, track and in very good shape.
Kimber: post-pregnant, lazy and in flabby shape.
It was more motivating to do it with someone that thinks I'm amazing at it (2003 maybe, 2008 not a chance). There was no way that I was going to give up after a few reps or just simply stop, claiming that I was going to just end with great stretching. Naaa . . . that kid kept me going. Thanks Erika!
And wow, are my abs sore this morning. Feels Great!
3 comments:
way to go! i've never done pilates, but i always hear that you get the "best workout"-i'm not sure my flabby body could do it, ever! :) it is so much more fun to do with a partner that keeps you motivated though ;)
I wish I had an Erika to motivate me while I worked out. I remember when John and I used to do the tae-bo videos for FUN. :S Those days have passed. :)
45 minutes?!?! That is amazing. I'm lucky to get my 10 in. I too wish I had someone there to help motivate me.
Post a Comment