My first stop was at Rilda's for a massage. I was worried about the boys because Derek was going to be watching Justin, Nathan and Hyrum in the Yukon for about 1.5 hours while I had my massage and it was cold! We had everything set up for them to watch a movie on the laptop and I planned it so that Hyrum should sleep most of the time, and if he woke up he was ready to eat and Derek could give him the bottle. I worried for no reason. They had a blast. Nathan even said to me, while pushing me away, "No, go back in". ** And the massage was wonderful. Just what my sore, stressed out body needed.
We got to Utah around 4 and I realized that I didn't have Silvia's phone number any more and she had just moved so I didn't have an address for her. I went to her old apartment and talked to the landlord and we headed over to see the Murillo family. What a great family! On our way home from Utah we stopped there again since Erika was not with us the first time and we were able to spend some more chatter time with them.

Time at Kara's is always chill. We are probably a little overwhelming for the Hill family but we sure appreciate them taking us in for the night. The kids enjoyed watching movies, reading, teasing James and sleeping in.Our chosen fun for this trip was to go to the new aquarium in Sandy. It wasn't quite what the website had led us to think but it was still fun. The kids enjoyed touching the sting ray, finding all the characters from Finding Nemo and wandering around in the fishy atmostphere. Nathan should have been down for a nap so was a bit of a pill but overall we had a good time.





I think they were just as impressed with Kara's "huge" library as they were with the aquarium. We stopped at the library in Draper to check out a book on tape for the trip home. It was a life saver considering I have gone over 2 weeks with less than 5 hours sleep each night. We listened to Magyk from the Septimus Heap series. The kids wanted me to drive slower, wanting to get in all 12 hours of audio in the 5 hour trip home.
The weather did help us get through more of the book than we thought we would, though it really just made the trip seem stressful for me as the driver. We saw a truck roll over at the bottom of Malad pass, saw a couple of other slide-off's and had a rude awakening to the fact that winter really is on its way. I'm just not ready for that.
Once everyone was in bed and I was making the nightly lock-all-the-doors-and-start-the-dishwasher rounds I heard a strange sound that I hadn't heard at our house before. As I opened the laundry room window to get a closer listen I saw that we had 2 large owls sitting in our driveway 'talking' to each other. It was so cool! They are pretty loud and their eyes are buggy big!


7 comments:
The aquarium is fun, but like you it wasn't what I thought or hoped for. I hope to see you next month!!!!!!!!!!
Owls!?
That's so COOL!
glad you had fun and I would have to say that seeing owls in your own yard would be the best welcome home "gift" :)
so, is this aquarium pretty neat? we are headed down to UT this weekend and need some great ideas to keep the kids entertained while all the uncles go target practicing (if that's how you say it ;)).
What a cool trip to "just pick up Erika." You guys seem to make anything fun. I don't think I've ever been to the aquarium there.
Can you believe the snow? It's like Mother Nature thinks it's supposed to be winter or something. What happened to fall?
You know you live in nature when the owls are having a conversation on your driveway. That would be different. I wonder what they were saying (where did these humans come from? :0) ).
I just wanted to point out how looking at the picks of derek and justin was like seeing a replay of my younger days. Especially the one of justin by the tank;same nose, haircut, and facial expression that i remember seeing in my pics. Such handsome young men.
What a nice trip. Where was Levi?? I can't believe your on your way to winter and snow. We left Virginia in Fall and are in the middle of Spring here. We skipped winter all together. Kind of sad, kind of not.
Not sure I've ever seen an owl. How cool.
Hey Kimberly! i am so glad I found your blog and can now keep up on what you are doing! nathan is so big!!!! And what a cutie little Hyrum is! I miss you!
Post a Comment