Monday, October 6, 2008

In the Hood

My week disappeared. It was consumed by motherhood, office manager-hood, wifehood, sisterhood, neighborhood - basically I have worn alot of 'hoods' this week. It's all good.



A laughing motherhood moment - and a bit of a devilish hair day for Nathan.


Erika and I had a bit of creative crafty time together making a diaper cake for Jessica. It was fun to personalize it to Jess and we were amazed at how different it looked from the one we did for Kara's baby shower. We did the front to look (hopefully) like a baseball cap on the top for Jess and the goodies for her and the baby. The back was done for Jake with a more masculine bow (knot) and a bib.

Then on Saturday Erika and I traveled to Lava for Jess's baby shower. Kara did an awesome job pulling that together in only a week! There were several people there and we all had a bit of a delicious, competitive hour eating, playing Baby Bunko, and showering Jess with gifts.

This picture shows a rather odd position (she is reaching for a gift) but it also shows her cute Kylee belly and a natural Kodak smile. Man, I wish I looked that good 8 months pregnant!

The rest of the week was busy (and still is) with food storage planning, buying, canning and building shelves. That post is still coming later.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Oh the diaper cake turned out sooo cute! Thank you for helping Kara out. I was so excited to throw her a shower, so am bummed that I missed out, but I think she probably had more fun doing it with family (I mean more family than just me).

Johnny Snaks said...

Ha she looks like she is doin the Thriller dance!

Cami Sue said...

That was a fun shower and I'm so glad you did the diaper cake. I can't believe how well Kara pulled it together and i'm glad I got to go. I'm also glad I got to see you. We aren't so far away but sometimes it feels like thousands of miles.

KJBBBG said...

I love the diaper cake too and like getting ideas from it. Can't wait until I have a chance to make one here. If ever.

Thanks for the picture of Jess. I wondered what she looked like pregnant.