Saturday, October 25, 2008

My Precious One

I needed something relaxing, calming, out of my ordinary day routine to do so I looked up the piano music for this song, printed it, practiced and learned it and it provided me with such a peaceful, memorable hour. (To listen to the song, start the playlist at the right of the blog.)

It was also the first time I have played the piano since we moved into our house . . 6 months ago. I didn't even know that I was missing it.

I first found this song around the same time that I started blogging. When I found it I remember leaning back in my office chair, rubbing my 7 month pregnant belly and letting the tears come. I was pregnant so of course I would get teared up but it really is a beautiful song. It is more than just the words or music that I enjoy, it is the reminder of the emotions and memories that I feel when I hear it that I love even more.

As I think back on this memory, the word "Cherish" comes to mind. It brings back a time of me feeling inadequate to bring another child to this world followed by an overwhelming outpouring of love, encouragement, appreciation and support from my Heavenly Father. I felt completely cherished by my Heavenly Father and in turn it renewed and strengthened in me the desire to really cherish each of my children.

And I must admit that I miss that feeling of being in complete harmony with "the plan" in bring another baby to his mortal body. I can't say that I miss being pregnant, just the feeling of being everything to someone, knowing that his very life was dependent on me and sacrificing my comfort, body, emotions, and time and even putting aside the opinions of society to give him a chance to prove himself in this life.

5 comments:

mom said...

And that is why I loved being pregnant.

Jessica said...

Thanks what a way to end the day. I needed that song. It spoke to me.

mimi said...

What a BEAUTIFUL song! I wish I could play the piano. What a wonderful talent to have. Thanks so much for sharing that song. It fills me with so much gratitude for the priviledge and blessing of being a mother.

KJBBBG said...

I love this post. I loved the song the first time I heard it on your blog and everything you said makes sense to me. I love the way you put things into words because it's like you are talking to my spirit and it completely understands your emotions. I cried even reading it feeling like I had just been filled. So in a way I feel like it was just for me.
Thanks.

JT42 said...

so, I keep playing this song over and over and over...it's great!!! I just wish I had a piano to play-that is something I miss extremely!! It has always been my way of releasing stress, but I just haven't had the opportunity to play for about 7 years now...anyway, LOVE the song...thank you for sharing!