was Justin's comment.
To preview this statement: I lost my ring. The ring that I love. The ring that LeRoy gave to me for our 15th wedding anniversary to replace the wedding ring that I had never been to fond of but didn't tell him for about 12 years.
It had been getting very loose on my finger so I had to be careful when drying my hands with a paper towel that I didn't throw it away. Or even just cleaning up, doing normal things throughout the day. And one morning it was gone.
I knew that the night before I had been twisting it on my finger while reading and that I hadn't gone anywhere from the last time I remembered it to the time that I noticed it was missing so I knew it was somewhere in the house . . . or the garbage. I picked through 4 garbage cans looking for it, I checked my laundry basket wondering if it came off when I undressed. Nothing.
After 2 days of secretly searching I finally told LeRoy and he started the prayer brigade. All of the kids were praying for it during family prayer, we prayed to find it during our personal prayers and still, nothing. I was beginning to wonder how long you pray for something before you finally accept the fact that the material possession you are praying so hard to find is really gone. It's just a ring right?
Nine days later . . . Justin found my ring! He was playing in Nathan's room with the 2 little boys and saw it laying on the floor by Nathan's bed. After the initial excitement of putting it on again, calling LeRoy to let him know, giving Justin a big hug and nearly tearing up, I took the time to wonder how it got there. Could it have just fallen off? Did I absent mindedly take it off while changing diapers? Did Nathan find it somewhere and stick it in his pocket like he does with all of the little treasures he finds? Does it matter? Our prayers had been answered.
It was so nice to kneel as a family and have Justin (it was actually his turn to say the prayer) give a moment of gratitude to our Heavenly Father "for answering our prayers and helping us to find Mom's ring". Yes, a material possession found, but more importantly a gospel principal and promise witnessed firsthand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
YAY!!!!! I'm so glad you found your ring!!!!....That is so Amazing how your whole family pulls together. I love how you are always teaching your children! You are the greatest Kimberly (such a great example to me)
I am so glad you found it!...and NINE days later! WOW! What a great experience for your kids to have. I second Mimi...you are great!
Awesome principle for the whole family and so many of us reading your post. Can't wait to see you all. How the boys and Erica have grown- 3 years makes a difference right.
Combined faith is so powerful. Especially when children are involved. They don't seem to even doubt.
I agree with mom... Children's faith is amazing and very powerful because it's undoubted. I am so glad to hear that things worked out. I can't believe it was 9 days later after I would definately have written off that we weren't going to find it. But the Lord's timing isn't our own... I'm just happy to know you've gotten it back! I also love the title of the blog... definately fits and is true!
It's funny how we have to have faith even when we aren't sure when or how that particular prayer is answered. I love that Justin thanked Heavenly Father in his prayer. I think too often we just brush it off as "Oh I found it - don't worry about it Heavenly Father" and don't stop to thank Heavenly Father for guiding us.
I too think you are great. I hope I can use those moments to teach my children like you do. You might not think it is a big deal because it is just how you are but you truly are a wonderful mother. How did you get to be so wise?
Wow. What an emotional time. I love hearing your family so together on things and how everyone is benefiting from the prayers just by sharing the experience with you. When I think of these things I wonder which one of your children will tell the story in a church talk one day.
Post a Comment