Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Meet our Neigh-bors

Nathan, Hyrum and I walked to our back fence last night to visit the horses. This is a great group of calm, friendly animals ready to munch away at any apples or carrots we offer. Nathan was not at all afraid of them, which surprised me considering the size difference.

No fear! I was a whole lot more nervous than Nathan was.



He puts the apple on his hand, palm flat like the neighbor showed him, and then giggles as their puffy, whiskery lips pick up the apple.

We talked about the colt and how it stays very close to it's mommy - just like Nathan and Hyrum should.

Thanks, can we have more???

6 comments:

mimi said...

How fun! I love all of your great pictures:)

~*Autumn*~ said...

I love the horse pictures, especially the one with Nathan feeding the horse! Very cute!

Jessica said...

It good they are not afraid. I cant believe he let them eat out of his hand that young. That is awsome.

Cami Sue said...

It's amazing how the kids know what to be afraid of and what not to be afraid of. I also wonder if horses and little kids have some sort of understanding. That's awesome that you got a little lesson in there. I love horses! Can I come play?

Kara said...

I wanted to turn on the Horsey neighbor song while I read this :) So cute to see that tiny little boy with those huge horses...and no fear. Way to go Nathan. (I didn't know you had horses so near you.)

KJBBBG said...

This was a fun post and totally reminded us of Springville horses that were behind our house back then. I love horses.