Name withheld to protect the victim. Photo is attached since even those who know her would not recognize the poor inflicted soul due to her past ability to fake normalcy . . . until recent days.
Diagnosis: Emotional wreck, patience non-existent, physically drained, nerves are shot, frustration level extremely high, hanging on to last shred of sanity (or so she claims).
Prescription: Single serving size (4 oz) Häagen-Dazs dulce de leche for comfort

Follow-up: Patient overdosed with a full PINT (16 oz!!!) Häagen-Dazs dulce de leche, ate the entire container in one sitting!

Current side effects: Intense sinus pressure due to dairy sensitivity (complaining of "frothy sinus cavities") , a very bloated stomach and swollen hands, and an ornery, guilt ridden mood. Also, maintains all previous symptoms.

7 comments:
Love the picture-understand the feelings. Can't wait until Friday and we'll both be happier.
I have those days too:)!!!
Hope you are feeling better today:)
You are so creative I love reading your blog...You capture all of the memorable things,
fun and honest...:)
that must have been some GOOD ice cream!! i hope the side affects wear off soon ;) i sure don't want to have to visit you in blackfoot...those people are cRaZy!!
i love your creative honesty.
I love the pictures!
I got a go to the store and find one of those...
Haha. You crack me up. That picture of you is classic. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only kook in the family.
I am really sorry about the nasty side effects of the ice cream; as well as the inital cause of the breakdown. Looks really yummy though - if I wasn't killing myself at the gym I might try one of those...someday maybe.
I think your Dr. got the prescription wrong. It should have been a trip to visit an understanding sister. Ya, I think that would have worked better. Especially with the follow-up, side effects and conclusion. The generic prescription would be a phone call to same understanding sister who could talk you through the current diagnosis.
And of course it's never too late for either the actual or generic prescriptions.
Like other medical conditions they aren't taken care of in one night or with one prescription. It takes time so hang in there.
~K
I hope that the side-effects of the therapy or prescription wore off and you are now remedied well. I find that a long warm bath helps to make my bad weeks morph into better ones while I read the Ensign or a church book that reminds me why we feel overwhelmed some days. I'll be sending good vibes your way this week!
P.S. I loved the format of your blog!
Post a Comment