The 7th grade classes had a big Renaissance Fair a few weeks ago. Derek really wanted to be a knight in full armour since he has practiced for years the part of a warrior and because he really didn't want to wear a "dress and tights". As we were picking through costumes he became a little more excited for the time period and once he started trying them on he remembered how much he likes to dress up and become a character from another time, even if it isn't the part of the warrior.

He is dressed somewhere between the merchant and peasant classes, with a denim dose of the 21st Century.
During the activities he had fun learning:
* drop spindling (making wool into yarn)
* how to joust (his favorite for the day)
* about the black plague and wacky methods used to try to get rid of it
* foods and medicines from that time
3 comments:
I like it. It really fits him. He would have fit just fine.
I love to learn with the hands on experience. What a memorable way to teach something. Great Picture!
I love the dressing up idea with the hands on learning about that time period. Very good idea and execution of it! I'm glad Derek had fun and he looks awesome! ;)
Post a Comment