We had Shawn and Kellie and their family here for a week and it felt like we were on vacation in our own home. We had date nights, shared Christmas, played games and just had a really great time. I loved my time with Kellie learning more about her life in Peru. I have gained a new appreciation for my own ward (in English) and for a carpeted house that feels so cozy and it has renewed in me a gratitude for so many simple things that I have taken for granted.
The four boys, (Derek, Justin, Brendan and Jeremy) seemed to spend every waking moment together, as well as the moments that they were supposed to be sleeping. They swapped remote control cars, boxing gloves, swords and gameboy systems around like best friends.
After Kellie's family left, Nathan kept moping around the house saying, "where's my Andie, I want Andie". Some of the other kids commented on how empty the house felt without them here. I felt very much the same way. Having them here made this one of our favorite Christmases ever!
..........
Dad's gift from Mom took him from Santa to Stylin'!
Once Christmas day was over we settled into a routine of sleeping in, cold cereal for breakfasts, lazing around with our new toys, reading, eating way to much sugar stuff, sledding, movies and staying up way past any normal bedtime routine.
We were having so much fun with Shawn and Kellie here that when they left on the 31st we had trouble coming up with a party for New Year's Eve. LeRoy took the boys to get treats and the best they could come up with was crackers, cheese and oreo's. I huddled in the office doing my own thing, Levi and Erika were at the stake party, the little boys went to bed a little early, and LeRoy, Derek and Justin stayed up until 2:30 am watching movies.
The only little bit of celebration to welcome in a new year happened when some of the families in the neighborhood went around the block banging pans with spoons and yelling "happy new year". My boys went to the door and cheered back with the intention of joining them but with the door open for that short time the freezing weather changed their minds and they headed for the tv once again.
Then I got a call from Josh and in one phone call the party began again. Josh, Trachelle, Samantha, Amberle and Matt showed up Friday afternoon and stayed through Sunday. Can I just say, Wii had fun!!
They brought their new Wii with them and we all played. The kids were great at Lego Star Wars and Mario, the older kids liked the sports pack and in every game that I did on the Wii fit I beat every high score that had been set during the last week. That made me feel great considering I was beginning to feel like a flobby, puffy, holiday mess having done nothing to stay fit during the past 2 weeks. Josh's comment was "it's like having Michael Jordan come to the house and show you know how crappy you are at what you thought you were doing good at". My only advantage is that I have done yoga and pilates and most of Wii fit is based on balance. Believe me, I wouldn't beat anyone at down hill ski jump or hoola hoop if it was to save my life! It was exciting to get 800+ rotations in 4 minutes in hoola hoop, and my hips paid for it the next day, though it was a tad embarrassing doing the hoola hoop with everyone watching.

4 comments:
AWESOME Christmas! Mine was pretty mediocre until I got to hear everybody sat hi and then out of no where I got a totally sweet present from the best oldest sis in the world! Thanks so much! I loved all the pictures and comments. It was a lot of fun to show off all my adorable nieces and nephews.
Joe who indeed! This took some explanation on my part to my guys. It still makes me laugh!
Thanks for making a mediocre Christmas GREAT!
sounds like we missed out on the party of the year. im glad you put a few pictures of kellie i dont have permission to see her blog so i dont see how her kids are changing. im glad dad changed his syle i cant believe he still wears that shirt. jake and i got that for him the year we were married or dating i believe
I Am So Jealous. I wanted to come so badly...and we would have to if the stupid snow hadn't closed the road down.
I have heard lots of good things about the wii fit. I even read an article about a lady who lost 100lbs by playing it every day. If only I could swallow the price tag, it would be a fun way to work out.
I'm so glad you got to play the Wii. Now do you understand?
I really like the Wii Fit but have a hard time "finding" time to work on it. It is actually totally worth the money Kate. When you are stuck at home and you just want to play but feel like you need to work out - you Wii fit. You can get the kids involved and you are playing but you are really working hard.
By the way - WAY TO GO on the 800 in the hula - that is really hard. Especially your first time on Wii Fit. Even on good days sometimes I don't reach it.
I guess I need to talk to Josh. I forgot he got that.
Post a Comment