Sunday, January 11, 2009

My Life is Complete

at least for this moment.

For the first time in 9 months I went to ward choir. The last time I attended was in our other ward the week before Hyrum was born. I didn't know that it was such a fulfilling thing to me but it felt like I had finally remembered to pray.

As we began the song "This is the Christ" I felt like I had just joined the Heavenly Choir. Not because we sounded that great, it was kind of an awful first try, but because my spirit recognized it as truth and I felt Jesus' love and sacrifice for me as we sang it.

I'm not a great singer but I certainly feel an abundance of loved wrapped around me as I participate in and listen to others sing words of praise. Hopefully my Heavenly Father hears what is in my heart and not all of the notes that I fumble through.


This is the Christ, the holy Son of God,
Our Savior, Lord, Redeemer of mankind.
This is the Christ, the healer of our souls
Who ransomed us with love divine.

1 comment:

Cami Sue said...

And such a beautiful song - how could you not feel like you are praying? What a great way to worship him.

I wish I had the dedication to go to ward choir. I love to sing but it was just one more thing on Sunday. Now our ward doesn't have a ward choir so I lost my chance for awhile.