Thursday, January 15, 2009
Faithful Friends
Trusty TV is the best babysitter I've ever had. She is so dependable, can put the kids to sleep, doesn't have hurt feelings when Nathan wants to switch videos in the middle of the show, and is good with all ages of kids, even LeRoy. I never have to pay her, she is always available and she has a perfect indoor voice. My downfall in our relationship is that I leave Nathan with her a little more than I should and she is not very good at telling him no, which usually makes me look like a mean mom when I split them up and tell them both no.
Dependable Dryer is a perfect match for Workaholic Washer and having the pair live with me relieves a bit of the burden that comes with laundering responsibilities for a family of 8. My life would be chaos, not to mention more expensive and a lot more work, without them. The two of them never whine when they are on the job. As a matter of fact they seem to hum the entire time they working. Occasionally Washer will get out of hand and start dancing across the floor but she has this wonderful built in sensor that shuts her down and puts her in place when she is too far out of control, kind of like an appliance time-out. Dryer is dedicated, steady and has a warm sense of timing. Only once has she hit burn out and it only took one visit with the repairman for her to get back on task. There are times when Dryer goes a bit beyond the humming and offers background music with the clanging of zippers and metal buttons and the rhythmic tossing of a variety of fabric.
Then there is Diva Dishwasher. She fills the night time silence with swooshing, splashing, swishing sounds that resemble waterfalls, fountains, a river and the wind. All in the name of clean dishes. My mornings are brightened when I open her door to witness a job well done with sparkling, squeaky clean kitchenware.
Overworked Oven is very even tempered. If I will put forth just a bit of effort in the afternoons, he will do the rest to provide a nutritious, hot meal for us. His work fills the house with the scents of a variety of meals but our family favorite is that of homemade bread.
If only I could get my trainer, Elliptical, to work and provide results without me standing over her the whole time. She's good at what she does, just can't seem to stay on task without me there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I love reading your blog! Have you ever thought about writing a book or something?? Always entertaining! 2 thumbs up! 4 out of 5 stars **** (sorry for the one star deduction but for some reason your blog background didn't load and so it was just white.. therefore I didn't get to see the words Dependable Dryer until I highlighted them.. confused? me too.)
I love your new background...SO CUTE !!!!!!
Great post. It made me chuckle. You have such a way with words.
I LOVE READING YOUR BLOG!!! you are so dang creative-again I wish I were more like you! I agree with Ruth, have you thought of writing a book or something? i would be the first to buy it :D
by the way, thanks for the new background site, i borrowed it ;)
i've heard those elipticals can be a bit spazzy without some supervision ;)
My elliptical doesn't work on it's own either...it's a bummer really. :P
Thanks for reminding me to be grateful for the wonderful comforts of life that I take for granted.
I love your oven as well! I miss the smell of freshly baked...stuff. Chow Hall just isn't a subsitute!
I love all your friends and miss some of them very much. Diva Dishwasher lives so far away now and for some reason Elliptical and I have had a falling out of sorts.
You should send this to the Readers Digest or Ensign or something. It's poetry.
Post a Comment