Sunday, January 13, 2008

Levi's Birthday

I have been asked by several people why I have not posted Levi's birthday, so here it is in a nutshell - which will probably turn out to be a big nutshell, knowing me.

Levi's birthday was a typical small birthday: a few phone calls from family, a great smilebox sent by Shawn and Kellie, cake, simple gifts, Dad singing really loud and off key. He was pretty proud of his candles but still not wanting his picture taken. When we were dishing up the cake and ice cream he started to ask if he could sit in the living room to eat and then cut himself off "wait a minute, I'm 16 - I don't even need to ask anymore!" He looked quite proud of himself having his first "legal" eat in the living room.

Then his first date came on Saturday. Yes, with me, his mommy. We had a great time! He really is a hoot to hang out with! On the way to Idaho Falls I asked him where he wanted to eat. "Well, if you want me to buy, the McDonalds dollar menu will be great. If you are buying we can go somewhere else." Comments like that, and better, had me laughing so hard that it almost hurt.

Here are the highlights of our date:

* We did our first shots - 3 desserts in shot glasses that is ("Sweet Shots" from Chili's - they were totally cute! - check out the picture)

* We went bed shopping . . . for a new bedframe for him since he is sleeping on a box.

* He enjoyed walking around with his arm around me, getting quite a few weird looks from people. Just for fun he would rub my belly every once in a while and one guy gave us quite a glare.

* We went to a music store for him to look at the electric guitars because he is ordering one. That is another post all together. Just let me say that Levi was drooling and it really was fun to hear a kid in the store playing the electric guitar and it sounded a bit like Jack Johnson. I told Levi as long as he sticks to the Jack Johnson sound and not the KISS sound I could live with it.

Levi was great to get my door for me, flirt with me and make me laugh. What a great date!

5 comments:

Goodrich said...

How sweet. I can't believe that he is 16. I know we didn't live there long, but he was such a squirt when we were there. I can't believe how much he has grown. I miss that day of going paint balling with LeRoy, Levi and Daniel. You missed that one, but it was sure a lot of fun- knowing that my little Alex was in good hands. Thanks again for that.

Laurie said...

Hi Kimber! Thanks for visiting my blog and your signature looks great! I enjoy meeting new friends. I love that you are having your 6th baby. Congratulations! You have a very cute family! My oldest just got his first electric guitar for Christmas. With it plugged in and his headset on, he sounds great!

Kara said...

What a fun date!!! J and I always get a kick out of the funny things Levi says. I'm glad you had a good time; but how could you not with such a funny (and hot) date!
I think we know who his second date will be with, so I'll just ask, when is that big day?

KJBBBG said...

I love hearing about your wonderful relationship with Levi. I don't know why teenage years scare me, but I hope that I will have the same kind of relationship with my boys as you have with yours. Course I know that is partly due to the boy and I hope mine are like Levi, too.

Kara said...

So you are OK if he looks like KISS, he just has to sound like Jack Johnson?