Friday, January 4, 2008

Water Aerobics and Pizza

Today was my first day back to water aerobics. I know that some people think this is a wimpy way to exercise but at 6 months pregnant it is anything but wimpy to get up at 6am, warm up a vehicle at 7 degrees (no garage mind you) put on a bathing suit, and work out with water working against you. (Dad could also give testimony that it is a good workout - way to go Dad!) My favorite part of 'pregnant' water aerobics is first getting into the water and feeling my belly lift off my legs and hips - ahh the relief. I also love being able to do a workout that I feel somewhat normal doing, not waddling or trying to do things that a pregnant body just can't do (like the pilates that I also love).

When we first started this morning, one of the guys (who is in his early 30's and just got engaged over Thanksgiving) informed us that his family - consisting of 8 people - all pitched in $100 and they all have 8 weeks to see who can lose the most weight. The person who wins gets the whole $800 and he really wants it so that they have the money for their honeymoon in March. Once the instructor heard that, as well as 2 others who are in competitions to lose weight, she really upped the workout. Though my arms and legs were tired and a little sore afterward it felt great to stretch and work my muscles without aggravating my hips and knees.

Later in the day Nathan and I made a quick trip to HomeDepot in Idaho Falls to pick up materials, another trip to the bank about our construction loan, another visit with the CPA and we were both wiped out. I turned off all the phones and we both had a much needed nap.

For dinner tonight I decided to surprise the boys. They have wanted to make homemade pizza's for quite a while and I kept putting it off. I decided to get the Pillsbury Pizza Dough so that I didn't have to make it (yes, lazy I know), and all of their favorite toppings. I set it all on the table and told them they were in charge of dinner. I couldn't believe how excited they were about making dinner - I should try this more often. Justin was quite good at stretching out the dough to fit the pan, he cut all the pineapple and stuck with the job the whole time - he was focused on getting to the eating part. He was also good to let me have a corner of his pizza to make mine with green peppers, onions and zuchinni. Nathan helped by stealing most of the pineapples and picking in the cheese. Derek and Levi made a mess of their dough though they seemed to have fun doing it and snitched in all the toppings while making their pizza. I don't know how they could still be hungry for pizza after eating a pizza worth of toppings. When theirs was finished cooking they took it out, ate immediately and both burned their mouths. In the end it was more expensive to make these pizza's (mostly the cost of cheese!) than it would have been to pick up Hot-n-Ready's but the pictures wouldn't have been nearly as fun - or the kitchen as big of a mess. Sometimes the mess is worth it!


As for Erika she is at a friends house probably giggling, running around in her jammies and doing all that girly stuff (stinking up the house with fingernail polish, daydreaming and gabbing about "oh my gosh, so hot" boys and listening to music that I'm "to old fashioned to like"). The boys were glad she was going to be at her friends house after having all the girly giggling going on for several days at our house over the Christmas vacation. I must admit I'd rather watch the boys make a mess of the kitchen doing pizza's and wrestling around than monitoring the girls. I never did like all that teenage girly stuff - even when I was one - so putting on a smile and pretending to understand because I am female is just more work. I'm so glad my mom understood me in this area when I was a teenager (she was a little the same way) and she let me hang out with the guys. It's a good thing Erika and I have a love of books and piano music in common - I wouldn't know what to do with her otherwise.

LeRoy is staying late to help our soon-to-be neighbors wire in their house. He played basketball the last 2 nights (2 hours each night) and is walking a little sore now, almost waddling just like me. He keeps telling me he is getting old but he sure doesn't slow down any. I wish I had his energy and constant, positive, cheerful attitude. I'm so blessed to have him!

Well, the boys finally have the kitchen cleaned up so we're going to go watch a movie. It is a 'no-girls-allowed movie night'. I love it that I'm still invited.

2 comments:

Cami Sue said...

I love how your blogs tell every funny detail. I love the comments about Erika and her being a teenager. I work with the Beehives and Ben says I come home acting like them. It's silly really but I love feeling that young again.

Kara said...

Sounds like a fun night with the boys. Can't imagine them ever kicking you out even of their no-girl's allowed parties. You constantly amaze me with the water aerobics...I know I should, but what can I say...I'm lazy.