Monday, March 3, 2008

Mundane Monday

Today is just an average, midline Monday. Not bad, not great, just here. The sun isn't shining enough to let true Sunshine in but it isn't gloomy, the kids aren't spectacular but they aren't fighting, I don't hurt but I'm not necessarily comfortable, etc. So I thought I'd post a few little do-dads that have caught my attention lately:

Yesterday I got a comment on a blog that I pretended to start but didn't really commit to and I didn't realize was public. After a couple of weeks I could see that I probably wasn't going to get back to it much so just forgot about it. Then, I got a comment in my g-mail inbox for one of the posts on that blog (from Australia no less). Woops - I guess I didn't hide it very well. So if any of you want to see one of the projects, which falls among many, that I started and didn't really get into . . . here is the address for my recipe blog. I think I was also feeling like it was all just breads and I did intend to post more of the healthy things we eat to balance it all out, I just didn't get to it. I may get back to it in the future, and I would like to, but I probably won't.

http://familyapprovedrecipes.blogspot.com/


Another funny part of my day is an e-mail that I got from a friend for a free screen cleaner (for your computer screen). Nathan is in love with it and I have just left it running for him to watch while I do other things in the office. He is quite content to sit in my office chair and watch the screen be cleaned, with plenty of giggles. Try it out for yourself.

http://theglobalbible.com/temp/screenclean.swf


I was visiting Holly Homemaker's blog and loved the "Mom Test". How true. So since most of us reading are moms and most of you don't have Holly's blog set on your pages to read, I thought I'd share the test as well as her insights. Instead of re-typing it I'll just direct you there.

http://holly-homemaker.blogspot.com/2008/02/do-you-pass-test.html


I hope all of you have had a good Monday . . . or at least not a bad one!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I did have 2 blogs when I first started, but sometimes I don't around to posting on one, so I merged them and only have one. The mom test was a good read. I too amaze myself with some of the answers that come out of my mouth. Good and Bad.

Kara said...

Thanks for the laughs!

Jillybean said...

My little Max likes to sit and watch the screen cleaner also.
He doesn't particularly like dogs, but this one has him mezmorized.

Jessica said...

I loved it, I got a good laugh out of it and I'm excited to try the recipies. I loved the screen cleaner.
Jess

Cami Sue said...

I guess opposition in all things huh? What would life be like if it was always mundane? I guess I have to be happy with the really sad things so I can enjoy the really happy things.

I'm glad you posted your recipe sight. I'm going to refer to it often.

I also liked the mom test and told Dragon I finally beat him at something - he is really smart. It will be interesting what answers he comes up with, with the kids.