Today was actually a really good day. The sun was shining beautifully!! I went to Sacrament Meeting intending to bring Nathan home right after instead of doing the fight for nursery but as I was getting ready to leave I noticed that the primary president was playing the piano in primary. This usually means that the piano player didn't show up so I went in and asked her if she needed me. I ended up staying for all of primary but it was ok because I could stand during the non-singing parts and Nathan stayed with LeRoy (he also thought it was easier than the screaming of nursery).
Choir is my Sunday Heaven. I know I have mentioned this before but I love the music we are preparing and singing for the Easter program. It strengthens my testimony (not to mention gets me all choked up) and fulfills my spiritual uplift need for a Sunday. I find myself humming the songs during the first part of the week and I love it! I'm just a little sad that I may not be able to actually sing for or at least hear the program with the narration since we will be doing it the 23rd and I am due the 24th. If I do go clear to my due, this would be one highlight among the suffering :DHow much better could a Sunday get than to have a friend bring dinner over? And this friend could host her own food network show! She really spoils me, both in conversation and kindness. We can go quite a while without really 'talking' but seeing each other at different activities, like bunco and bookgroup. Once we have a little time to talk (ok, it was over an hour) I am reminded how much I enjoy her friendship. We can share funny stories about our kids or life in general and even cry together over hardships or spiritual lessons we are learning.
She also brought over a onesie for the baby that she had ironed on "What happens in the mountains . . !" This is an inside joke on us. When we were hoping to get pregnant we needed to work around the midwife's schedule so LeRoy and I planned a trip to Jackson Hole hoping that it would do the magic trick. While there LeRoy found matching t-shirts for us that say "What happens in the mountains stays in the mountains." Now it is our joke because what happened in the mountains . . . well, let's just keep this a "G" blog. I'll have to post pictures after the baby comes, with all of us in our matching shirts (my camera battery is dead right now so I can't post it tonight).
So to follow in Ally's "Gratitude Sunday" footsteps . . .
I am grateful for Sunshine, Choir and Friends. And not having any major catastrophe's fall on this beautiful day . . . we really did not need a repeat of last Sunday!
3 comments:
You are so good to go to church and to be so willing to stay and help out. I don't think you can call yourself a heathen when you only plan on missing church if you go over due. I threw in the towel and am not even pretending to go.
I am so glad to hear that being there is uplifting to you. But I'm not sure whether to pray that you have your baby soon, or that you get to go to the choir performance. :)
So funny about the t-shirts.
And now I feel guilty, because I didn't even do a gratitude list this week! I guess I did a little, talking about my Princess. But...
I think that's sweet of you to help out on the piano. :)
I'm sorry about the choir program - sounds like a catch-22, but I'm sure everything will happen as it should. (That sounds so dumb - I wish you could do both!! But heaven forbid you go too much longer than your due date!) ;)
I think you are awesome for helping others even though you are in an uncomfortable position (I know - all of them are uncomfortable).
I think that's awesome that you are fighting yourself on giving birth and attending a spiritual program. Two worthy goals.
Post a Comment