Monday morning was the complete opposite. It was still dark when I woke up to get kids going because of the time change. One of my legs (from the knee to the toes) was so swollen that I couldn't see my ankle and yet the other leg was fairly normal. Then I looked in the mirror and cringed - not because it looked a whole lot different other than I couldn't find my eyes and my nose was standing out in extreme 'look at me' fashion. Why the sudden swelling I don't know but I felt miserable!
Ok, so the sun is still shining and the snow is melting, the birds are singing and yet . . . I feel like crap! I missed the perfect 'convenient' time for childbirth and now I am hoping to just wait until the weekend even though I wouldn't complain if it came on right now!
This is me taking it easy:
I no longer drop off or pick up kids from school, scouts, mutual or dance (amazing how quickly they take care of their own drop off/pick up schedule when forced to walk), all piano lessons are cancelled until next fall, I refused to sign 2 boys up for baseball, I gave up the idea that my house is going to be clean before I move and dinner is extremely optional on my part (once again, they really can do it on their own).
This is what I'm still taking care of this week:
Monday I made a quick trip to Idaho Falls to choose different counter tops (the ones I was going with turned out to be much more expensive than initially thought so I wanted to choose something else), and I got a bunch of groceries at the same time. By the time I got home I could hardly walk. Nathan was great to walk beside me the whole time (sometimes having a child that is a social introvert isn't so bad) and he didn't wander off but still. . . . getting in and out of the vehicle and all that walking was a little much!
Today I was considering cancelling Levi's orthodontist appointment because I just didn't want to make another trip to Idaho Falls but decided it would be easier to do it now than to try and work around a nursing newborn and 2 year old to do it. I will have to do that anyway but for some reason it seemed logical to get this appointment out of the way. Levi did the driving and took care of Nathan as well so I was really just along for the ride.
Future plans:
Today- Justin's gymnastics, finish making dinner, American Idol.
Wednesday - keep my feet in the air, Derek & Justin's dentist appointments (then all dental will be done for 6 months), possibly Enrichment with our new ward (2 sisters have called to invite me and it sounds fun but . . . we'll see)
Thursday - afternoon appointment and massage with my midwife - Hallelujah!! I do have Enrichment with our current ward but I really don't know if I will make it home from my appointment in time to go and don't know that I want to dress up for this one. I may skip it and watch to see who gets kicked off American Idol, using the "I need to stick my feet in the air" excuse.
Friday - have a baby :) This is me planning ahead with a positive attitude. I like living with that little wishful bubble around me. I can always deal with reality later.
If I don't have him on Friday, then Saturday, even Sunday would be great. If I have to start the next week still pregnant I may just fall into the 'depths of despair' and will need major coaxing to pull me out of it. Really, I will manage no matter what but I'm considering asking the midwife to put me on bedrest no matter how good/bad it all looks by Thursday. Of course, sitting in bed for the last week may end up being worse than the depths of despair so I'll just go along with whatever happens and wait it out - do I really have a choice?
5 comments:
Hang in there! Sometimes you can feel so close, yet so far away. I am sure a busy week will make time go by fast.
You're so forebearing. :S
I would totally and without hesitation stay home to watch American Idol - whether I needed to put my feet up or not!! :D
I find it imperative to have things to look forward to. I wish I had something to look forward to this week....
Good luck wading through the last few days. :)
And you're brilliant! on your 'taking it easy' plan!
The layout of the week looks good, keeping busy always helped me keep my mind off my very pregnant body. Not too busy to make life difficult, but busy enough that you don't just sit there willing the time to change and the baby to come.
And I'm sure he'll come on Friday. Of course he will, why wouldn't he? :)
Hang in there!
(((hugs)))
With all this encouragement you can get through another weekend right? I love how everyone is cheering you on. You really can do it or as you put it - do you really have a choice?
You are incredible. I know you can do it. You are almost there.
Post a Comment