Monday, March 24, 2008

A Very Happy Easter!

From the very first minute of Easter Sunday 2008 - it has been our best Easter ever! At 12:00 Midnight - exactly - out little baby boy was born. He was in a hurry to make it during the first minute, or I was just in a hurry to have that part done, as he came literally sliding in on the 23rd of March. He weighed in at 7lb 7oz and is 19.5 inches long.

The midwife lovingly provided bunny ears and Erika played photographer to give us this beautiful Easter photo.

I'm not sure even where to begin telling about his birth and really don't have the words for it now and I am supposed to be at the computer to get payroll done. I'll try to update later.

Some highlights of the last 46 hours:

Having of my children tell me that I 'almost walk normal'.

Having Nathan sit on my lap, pat my belly (aka: squishy padding in front) and say "lap, lap" in a tender voice of awe, ready to read his story before naptime.

Being able to really get a good hug from LeRoy without the belly getting in the way. I've missed his great hugs!

Struggles:

My hips did not miraculously return to the painless state they began the pregnancy in. I'm probably going to need to visit the chiropractor for that.

The afterpains are bringing me near tears.

We still don't know what we are going to name him.

8 comments:

Cami Sue said...

You are so incredible. I can't believe you are doing payroll the day after you gave birth. Amazing!

Congratulations on your new arrival. Thanks for the pictures. He's so cute.

As far as his name, Dragon suggested you put the Ormas first so you don't have so many problems with initials or "enormous". Dragon's first name is actually Michael but he's never been called that. Just an idea.

Jillybean said...

He is such a beautiful baby!
I miss having a newborn in the house. I love being able to sit and snuggle with a sweet little baby.
Give him a squeeze for me.

Another thing I love about this age, is that when you put them down, they stay in one spot. (unlike certain toddlers I've had living in my house)

Congratulations!!!!

Kate said...

OOOOH, he is so cute! I love the post pregnancy hugs as well. I can't say that I love the post pregnancy belly, because I hate it, but it is good to have the bump gone. I wonder if I didn't ever feel afterpains because of all the drugs they put me on after the c-section. Maybe you just need to load up on percaset or something. :)

Ah, who needs a name anyway? I'm sure you'll pick something just perfect.

Thanks for the photos. You really are superwoman you know. Having a baby at home and the next day taking Mom to your new house. I'm doing good if I go to the bathroom alone the second day. :)

I can't wait to see you both! Congratulations!

KJBBBG said...

I'm so happy for you. Relief to have him out and here. Hopefully you will be able to get some decent sleep now. Baby Edwards is so cute. My kids are amazed that they have not one but two new cousins.

Congratulations. Have fun with him here. See you both in July.

Ashley said...

He is so beautiful! I am so happy for you and your family.

My favorite thing about a new baby is there silky hair. I love holding my babies high on my shoulder and feeling how soft they are on my cheek.

I am glad you seem to be recovering well. I always feel 100% better after giving birth than the month before. A name will come especially now that you are able to look at that precious little face. Thank you for sharing a picture with us. Take it easy!

Ally said...

Beautiful! Congratulations on your Easter Baby's arrival. :)

I hope all goes well for you during this transition time. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate, even finally being done with the pregnancy! Best wishes to you and baby for the recovery (and to the whole family)!

(Especially with the afterpains...) :S

Johnny Snaks said...

So congrats of course, but onto this naming business.

I would just like to point out that there are several usable variations on the name...John!

John
Jon
Johnny
Johnny Boy
Johnny Bob
Johnny be good
Jonathon

Jonathon Flash Edwards...

But in all seriousness, you are AWESOME Kimber!
Congrats again.

Laurie said...

I love newborns! I love them in the little layettes all wrapped up with the little hats and the tiny little hands clasped together. Now look what you've done, I want one too! Congratulations on your perfect baby! I'm so happy for you that he is finally here and that everything turned out great! He really is the best Easter gift for you family! Happy Easter!