LeRoy was actually in charge of it but girls, you know how that goes. He told me the topic that he wanted to work around and asked my suggestions. Which really means, "would you plan this activity for me?" (grin, grin, my wonderful wife, please!!). I actually really enjoy putting these kind of things together but I don't like presenting them so it works perfect for us.
This is a very raw summary (you can click on the outline to read it better) but it is what I gave to LeRoy so that he could adjust it for his personality and still do the object lesson. He built a real banana split while doing it, asking questions and having open discussion. From what I heard downstairs (while also watching American Idol and keeping the boys out of the way) it seemed to go over very well. The girls were sufficiently grossed out when he added dirt, rocks, mustard and soy sauce to the delicious looking dessert and from the comments that were made after, the open discussions included great thoughts from the girls. They especially liked making their own banana splits afterward for the refreshments. . . without all the "disgusting" ingredients.
Oh, and Erika did very well not to give it away as LeRoy went along, since we have done a similar activity for FHE in the past.
5 comments:
I clicked on the bookmark and it expanded, but the outline wouldn't expand for me. Would you be able to email it to me? I'd really like to see it.
You're so awesome!!! I love the creativity and ideas you have, and wish I could be that creative.
Good job doing all the planning... (hee, hee) My hubby doesn't ask for my help on things like that - he likes to prepare and speak waaaaay too much! He always volunteers us to speak in Sacrament Meetings and such. I really can't stand that. But usually, I'll speak for a few minutes, play a piano solo, and leave him the majority of the time - which I'm sure he is just THRILLED with - HONESTLY!! :D
How fun! This is a great interactive lesson. I really love this idea, may have to try it. I really think it gets the point across.
I really like the idea of YW at the girls homes. I don't know how it would go over here but someday I will use that idea. Good Job.
Wow that is cool, I'm always looking for visual aids and object lessons.
You are such a wonderful wife to give in to the "grin, grin, my wonderful wife, please!!" and to help him out. I like putting my talents to use especially when Dragon asks for help but you are a master at it. I love you ideas and you are so creative.
The ice cream object lesson was an extreme that the girls could understand. I don't think we really look at "little sins" or temptations as dirt but we should look at them that way.
You did an awesome job and I can hear LeRoy in my head as he puts dirt and rocks on a beautiful banana split.
That would really be fun to do an activity in each home - I wish we could do that.
Post a Comment