Saturday, March 15, 2008

Yummerrific!

Today I couldn't figure out what I was craving so I decided to try something new and made the cake that Kellie shared and that Kate made for her birthday. It was soooo good.

I also tweeked it a little. I didn't feel like going to the store for frosting but I had all the stuff to make a cream cheese frosting so I did that with the oranges in it. I set aside a little and made it more runny so that I could poke holes in the cake and let the frosting run down into it (I'm not usually a cake fan because I don't just like moist, I like soggy cake). It was easy to hide the holes with the oranges on top.

After a couple of hours in the fridge it was the perfect sogginess and the flavor was soooo very good!! For the recipe go here (the link that Kellie listed) and for a very fun picture of the cake go see Kate's cake.

2 comments:

Cami Sue said...

I didn't know you like soggy cakes! That's all they eat in Spain. I didn't have one "moist" cake in Spain. They were all soggy like that. It's okay if the flavor is right but in Spain they don't add a lot of flavor - everything is very bland.

I'm glad you got a yummy snack the way you like it.

KJBBBG said...

I'm so glad that you liked it. Of course I don't think any Fullmer would let a recipe be the way it was in the book. We always seem to tweek it to the way we want it to be. Must be from the "pinch of this and some of that" type instructions.