Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Today's Favorites

So many have asked how I am doing. Here are a few of the things that help me to answer, "I'm doing very well", without giving away too much information. Ok, some of you may have received too much info, sorry :) I'll call this my 'list of favorites' for today.

#4 - Cabbage. In theory it is supposed to reduce swelling and heat. Compared to other pregnancies it really is working. However, I still feel and look like I am carrying around 2 overgrown cabbages (I traded in the watermelon). Add a little stray milk and I smell like coleslaw. I am grateful that this particular salad fixing is making this unpleasant process a little less painful and alot more humorous.

#3 - Lansinoh for Breastfeeding Mothers. I'll keep this a G rating and just say it is a favorite today - and this week.

#2 - Cramp Relief. I know it has helped with the afterpains and I can't imagine them being worse without being actual labor contractions but finally I have some relief. I am still having them though not as frequently and not as intense.

Hopefully we can get rid of these 3 favorites in the next few days, but for today I truly appreciate them.

And here we are at #1 . . . drumroll please . . . .

#1 - My Newest Angel Baby! I can't quit looking at him. He is so perfect. His swollen eyes and nose have gone down and now he looks so much like Levi did as a baby. As he snuggles and squirms in my arms I tear up with overwhelming feelings of love and joy and for a brief moment the pains are forgotten as I soak in his Divinity. As I feel his silky soft hair against my cheek and he nuzzles into my neck for security, lovin' and of course, a hint that he would like to eat again, I remember that this is all worth it and that I am doing the greatest thing I can right now. Nope, it isn't the laundry, cleaning the house, or making dinner. It is sitting in complete humility at the wonder that Heavenly Father trusts me with yet another of his children to raise.

A little overwhelming sometimes. . . so I think I will go cuddle with him again.

(Thanks to all of you for your e-mails and phone calls. They really brighten my day and I feel so loved. You are all wonderful!)

4 comments:

Ally said...

I sure those little babies couldn't find a better home and mother! :)

I'm envious of you, in a way. Having a tiny little baby...

Best wishes to you still. It's so nice to read your thoughts at this precious time, and feel of your love for this new 'Divine' baby. :)

Laurie said...

He is so tiny and cute! Now I remember why I have 6! Now that he's here, you wouldn't trade the last several months for anything?! Enjoy! No matter how many times you have a new one, they still always grow up way too fast!

Jillybean said...

Such a sweet baby!
I can't wait to see more pictures.
I love Lansinoh. It made my life more bearable on several occasions.

KJBBBG said...

I love it that if I'm wondering how you are doing I can go to your blog and find out. This way I don't interrupt anything or call at a bad time or take too much time on the phone.

He is so beautiful Kim. I'm a wee bit envious too, not of the pregnancy but of having the new little fellow. I think I'm like mom in that area that I love the little babies and miss the stage where they need you for everything.

Sorry about this first week and the "mini football" phase. It was the hardest part for me so I hope it's over quickly for you.

I haven't heard of a name yet. Are you still having a hard time coming up with one that you both like?

P.S. I wondered if the parade of homes would be done by July when we come?