
this is how things in my week have gone. Just random, some good, some bad.
I missed American Idol last night (that's bad), but I did get to go out to the new house and see most of the kitchen cabinets done (that's good - they look beautiful!), and I can look it up online who was kicked off - Danny (that's Good).
I had an appointment with my midwife yesterday (which was great) but my body isn't doing anything except having contractions yet so I will go another couple of weeks. That's not so bad except that I would love to be resting with my new baby next week instead of doing everything else on the schedule (it's not really bad, just busy).
Nathan has just started coming to me when he needs his diaper changed and tells me "poppy" which really means "poopy", and he will bring me a diaper and the wipes (that's all good). However, he has had such stinky, disgusting, frequent diapers lately that the smell lingers and that is all I smell most of the day (with my pregnant nose, that's bad).
Our house is coming along great (that's good). The rock is nearly finished on the front, the marble is in around the jetted tub, the wood floors are finished and the cabinets in the kitchen and bathrooms should all be finished today (all so good!). It is seeming more real that we will be moving soon (that's good - new house, and bad - alot of work right after a baby). However, with us moving soon the people who bought the house we are currently living in want to come tomorrow morning at 10am and start making plans to remodel it for apartments (good for them). It just really has some pathetic spots right now that I am embarrassed to have anyone see, like the laundry/storage/mechanical room that has been the dump all lately (that's bad).
I have had terrible leg twitches during this pregnancy which keep me awake at night, otherwise known as restless leg syndrome (that's awful!). I was told that if you put a bar of Coast soap under your sheet, it stops the twitches and leg cramps. I was so skeptical and there is no medical or reasonable explanation for it but hey, I'm willing to try anything, especially if it only costs as much as a bar of soap. I am happy to announce that I had a wonderful 'leg' night last night (that's good) but the smell of the soap was so strong that it only brought out even more the headache that has been lingering for the last couple of days (that's bad) and I was awake from about 4am on (bad), but at least it wasn't the legs (good). This little experiment also gave Levi the medical paragraph that he needed for health this morning (great). He was intrigued to find so many positive online comments on such a quirky medical study and to have it be odd because the teacher wants out of the ordinary. Glad I could be his guinea pig.
With a long morning and a rather pounding headache (Bad) I was not looking forward to today. However, LeRoy and the kids were great to pamper me this morning. LeRoy got everyone off to school and picked up a Dr. Pepper for the headache, Erika shook out all the carbonation for me, Levi took care of Nathan this morning and I was able to soak in a soothing bath to start the day (all so good and I am grateful). Also, Nathan has been wonderful this morning, being very obedient and calm.
Nathan's activity of choice for the last couple of days is to sit and watch PBS all morning (good for me not to be chasing up and down the stairs to follow him around, bad that he is becoming a couch potato) but it is so frustrating that they are doing fundraising all week long and keep interrupting the programing every 15 minutes for a 10 minute break (annoying). We did find Sesame Street online and he loves Cookie Monster Alphabet (good) so that is our backup during the fundraising breaks (good?? staring at another screen?).
It is Friday (good), I only have 17 days to my due date (good) and I am staying in my jammies all day (good?), maybe I'll put a bra on (bad). So I guess the good outweighs the bad. After all, we need opposition in all things and we can't find balance if we don't have a little on both sides so somewhere along the line my life must be coming together in balance. To quote Nathan on his new found phrase: "O-tee, Do-tee" (translation: Okee Dokee). The day moves on . . .
8 comments:
It is true that there is opposition in all things. My three year old WON'T potty train, I finally put her back in diapers til she is more ready. (BAD!!!) My four year is having a run of dry nights. Clean sheets in the morning. (GOOD!!)
It noce to see someone having the same type of day, well week for me. I hear ya on the leg cramps I get really bad ones. So bad that my leg will jump sometimes, good night sleep is just a phrase for me.
Great idea for a post. :)
I want to comment on everything, but I'm having serious brain cramps today. (I think that's bad...) :S
I will say, though, that I'm glad Danny is out too. Ooooooooh, sooooooo, glad!!!!
I'm so happy that the new house is shaping up for the upcoming move... I really hope it goes well.
Great post. :)
(P.S. - we watch a fair shar of PBS here, too...) ;)
PBS=Good
Our (almost) three year old is not interested in potty training, however, he will request to have his diaper changed immediately after filling it up.
Hang in there Kimber! Just two more weeks.
You are my hero Kimber!
to think that I complain about a little tossing and turning.
Don't know how you do it.
Less then 4 hours of sleep and I am the meanest person you have ever met(especially to my reservists)
DR Pepper huh? Back to the old habits I see:)
no soda for me since newyears(thank you LeRoy) and I am losing weight from places... well I won't bore you with the details:)
Love you crazy kids!
I like the good/bad post. You were actually very positive even while telling about the bad. I think I tend to dwell more on the bad than the good. I think our lives used to be mostly good with bad moments thrown in...now??? But soon it will all change...into different good and bads.
As I was reading your blog Korben came in and announced that he had pooped. He is very good at telling me after, but not so great at the before stuff. Logan peed as soon as I put him in the bath today so I had to run new water. Korben peed all over the carpet as soon as he got out of the bath today, so I had the joy of cleaning that up. Logan hasn't pooped for 3 days now so I am just waiting for the huge blowout. But I will take my queue from Mom and just be grateful for disposable diapers. (Which are really only good if they pee in them...:) I guess that long bowel description was just to say I feel for you.
I was so glad Danny got kicked off, but sad about A'sia (or however her name was spelled) I really liked her. Oh well.
I love the good/bad post you got here. It's funny how so many things happen in a rollercoaster that we call a day. I was thinking of all of my ups and downs and I think this is a great alternative to the glad game. Even though things happened that weren't great and you did call them bad, you still found the good in the day. So now I'll have to play the good/bad game instead of the glad game. I think it's a little more realistic and will make me feel better that I don't have to come up with only good.
Post a Comment