
On the first day of school I made up 15 jars of apricot syrup. It smelled so yum to have it boiling in the house. The next morning we enjoyed it over french toast.
All of the blending of the fruit, measuring out the ingredients, smelling it boil, eating it and seeing those beautiful orange filled jars brings back awesome memories of being in Springville with Kellie and Shawn. Levi mentioned how eating apricot syrup reminds him of them as well.
I remember our first time making syrup together and having Erika climb to the most remote parts of their apricot tree to pluck as much fruit as she could. She had no fear of the tree, actually she loved it! We made a sticky mess of Kellie's kitchen as we washed, cut, blended, measured and even snitched in the beautiful fruit. What a fun time!
Even though that was probably 6-7 years ago and they have since sold that house I think apricot syrup will always remind us of the fun times in Springville - we love you guys!
4 comments:
Wow. I'm thrilled that you were able to make some this year. Those were great memories weren't they. Kim and Kids + Apricots = Springville and lots of fun.
It sounds delicious.
Im so jealeous I miss all that mess living here.
I didn't make apricot syrup with Kells, but every time I eat it it reminds me of when I lived with her. I think she has the monopoly on the apricot syrup memories for sure.
Hey...I live in Springville!
I know, random comment, but I didn't get to make Jam with Kelly so it's all I have! :P
So glad you tracked me down and linked me to your blog, Kimber Jo! Miss you tons! Hey...if you come to Springville and visit me, we can BUY some apricot jam and eat it! I'm very talented at buying...and eating!
Post a Comment