I really liked Stake Conference with Kara. Maybe some of it had to do with the fact that I only had to get Hyrum and myself ready, not a whole family of 8.
Elder Ballard was one of the speakers and I did enjoy his comments on overcoming trials but I really liked Kara's Stake President's talk. He used a quote that I have in my quote book but hadn't read for a while. It is from President Benson: "When we put God first, all other things will either fall into place or drop out of our lives". I needed to be reminded of that. We are being tugged and pulled so many different directions - and so many good directions - that sometimes the best things are set aside.
Another point that I loved was when he used the scripture in 1 Kings 19:11-12. The point of the talk being that the Lord is not in the wind, earthquake or fire but in the still small voice. He then went on to talk about making sure we can hear the still small voice. He also mentioned attending the temple and quoted a wonderful quote by President Hinckley which had great promises in it. I wish I had the quote!
So, I am working harder at making sure that I have quiet time to hear the still small voice ("Be still, and know that I am God" comes to mind). "Making" quiet time may seem a little forced but I find that I do love being the first one up in the morning and I really do feel a connection with my Heavenly Father early in the mornings if I take the time to pause and recognize Him before heading into the mothering responsibilities of my day. I also would like to get to the temple again. I wait far to long in between and often find myself blaming that on LeRoy being too busy but I am capable of going myself. The last few times I have been there have been great experiences where I receive direct and immediate answers to the concerns in my life and I crave that experience again. Why am I so silly to put it off until I'm desperate for an answer or direction?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm glad you had a good experience. It' always rejuvenating if you can really listen.
Kim thanks you and I seam to be in the same spot and needing to hear the small voice and going to the temple alone. I always put it off to go with Jake and then we never to for one reason or another. I just need to go and be with my Fahter.
I was doing pretty good at finding quite time until the Olympics came along and I have stayed up till midnight for 2 straight weeks now. I miss being able to just have my thoughts and spiritual time too. Thank goodness they are ending and life can get back to normal.
Post a Comment