Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Week Gone Already!

It may seem that all I have done for the week is scrapbook but I did actually get a lot of To Do's off my list. This has been a crazy, productive, busy, hectic week but a good one. Now I am waiting for my clothes to finish drying so I can be all packed and ready to leave for Utah tomorrow.

This is some of what has been going on:

* All invoices are current, taxes paid, bills paid, office totally caught up! Yay!!

* Wednesday morning we left the house (all 7 of us!) by 8:30 and we spent 2 1/2 hours registering kids in 4 different schools. This took so long because we had to meet new teachers, find out where classrooms were, arrange lockers with friends, have pictures taken for activity cards and of course the schools all wanted $$. Nathan and Hyrum were so patient!

* Thursday morning (this morning) I left the house with Levi and Derek by 7:45 to get to an orthodontist appointment by 8:25 in Idaho Falls. Everyone was going to go again but Justin, Erika and Nathan slept in so they were left home which made the school shopping for Levi and Derek easier.

* Made it home from Idaho Falls in time to get some laundry done, tidy the house and make dinner for 3 extra people (2 teenagers and a guy from Iowa who is building the AutoZone that we are wiring).

* I tried a new recipe (broiled Tilapia) and it is soooo yummy! Thanks Sarah!

* Erika, Derek and Justin each earned $15 doing yard work at the Hibbard Elementary School.

* I finally took the time to get the tire fixed on the Yukon. We have been filling it about every other day but I decided I didn't want to go to Utah with it doing that . . and 20 minutes to myself was needed, even though it was in a greasey, smelley, testosterone shop.

One little ego-builder for me this week was when we were doing school registration for Levi and Erika at the High School (even though Erika will be attending the Jr. High she is considered a freshman so had to pay some fees at the HS). As we left the school Erika put her arm around me and said "you were the best looking mom in there". It made me feel good considering I do try to make it a point to actually do my hair and get out of my pajamas when I go to the schools knowing the kids will be with me and their friends will be there. I could care less what any of the people at the school thought but I want Levi and Erika to be ok with being seen with me. I guess it was ok considering Levi let me 'chill' with his buddies while we were waiting for ID cards and I even forged a parent signature for one of the boys. I know the mother well (went to school with her from K-7th grades), they live in Hibbard also and he was missing work to register.

Erika's ego was built a little (not that it needed it) because Levi's buddies thought she was hot and weren't afraid to say so. What ever happened to learning names first?

Levi had an emotional moment as we drove away from the school because he had found out that one of his friends (non-member, great kid, fun to have at the house) had been sent to live with his mom in another state because he had started smoking and doing drugs. So sad!

And for the not so good of the week:

* our computer ended up with a terrible virus and is a complete mess. Anyone heard of Antivirus XP 2008? Not good - huge mess! At least it was the 'kids' computer' and not the office computer.

* our debit and credit card numbers were 'compromised' so on Saturday we chose to close both of them, order new ones on Monday morning, and they are already here. Minor inconvenience but thankfully it didn't cost us anything.

* the weeds are taking over the 1/2 acre that didn't get sod. I can't believe how fast they have grown and spread!

Tomorrow morning Levi takes his driving and written tests to get his license. I'm thrilled that he will have it but not looking forward to the MAJOR increase in insurance. It is ridiculous.

Well, my clothes should be done. I'm going to bed, getting a great night sleep, starting the day at 6am and everything is going to go just as planned. . . I hope. How could this not be a great trip? I get a massage, time with Mom, time with Kara, a short visit with Autumn . . . a breather before the insane schedule of school starts all over again. I'm ready!

3 comments:

JT42 said...

what a crazy week, I'm glad you survived and get to have timeout before school :) enjoy your weekend!

Jessica said...

wow maybe i will just stick with one kid. things will much easier.

Goodrich said...

So how was your time in Utah? Sure wish we were closer to see you guys. However, we might be in Idaho Falls in Nov. I let you know more when we get closer. Good luck with the Computer.