Friday, August 22, 2008

The Utah Trip

I've been waiting to post this because I wanted to get the other pictures from Mom and Kara first but I realize that I can post without a 'bazillion' pictures - as Erika would say.

The trip was fun. I wasn't needing to really run away from my kids, family, life or anything but I realize that having time to do what I would like without all the extra taking care of so many other responsibilities at the same time is nice once in a while. We ate a Zupa's (great salad and soup!!), visited, shopped, visited, ate at Sweet Tomatoes, visited with Autumn, watch a little of the Olympics, ate Rumbi salads, watched food network and ended on Sunday by going to Stake Conference with Kara.

Shopping was ok - I really don't like shopping to begin with. I did find a great skirt, some beautiful shoes and a couple of shirts. I really should have shopped for Hyrum but the boys ran out of shopping steam, though they did go for a good 5 hours, and then the mommies all realized we had run out of shopping steam as well.

Visiting with Autumn was so great. I miss her. That last time I saw her was when Landon was Hyrum's age and now Landon is running all over chasing the cat, chattering and being a typical 2 year old - though he seemed very obedient for a 2 year old.

Maybe the funnest part of the trip was seeing Max and Hyrum together. Even though they are only 3 days apart, they are so different in personality, even at only 5 months old. Hyrum is very laid back, doesn't move around much, grins but not freely, sleeps best in and enjoys his carseat and is total chub. Max is very laid back, constantly moving and observing, smiles and giggles at everything (so Adorable!), really doesn't like his carseat and is tall and slender. We weighed the boys and found that Max is 14 pounds and Hyrum 17 pounds and Max is taller. This picture doesn't really show the difference in size but the ones we took of them just in their diapers shows that they are build very different. Every once in a while Kara and I would notice similarities in their features but wonder if it is just baby similarities rather than really looking at all like they share family features. Either way they are both fabulous little boys and we adore them.

When I drove back home I realized that it was the first time since February that I had left for a 'me' trip. As I was coming into Rexburg, I realized that I didn't live in the blue house any more. It was such a strange thought to not go there. I don't miss the house but sometimes I miss the memories that were made there - does that make any sense? Our little family grew to a big one and did a lot of growing up there. However, pulling up into our new house was also familiar and I was amazed at how big and beautiful of a house I live in. I am so spoiled to have a husband who is supportive of my selfish trips away, kids who are great about keeping things clean while I'm gone and taking care of Nathan and I'm definetly spoiled to live in such a great home. My whole life is more than I ever imagined it would be!


1 comment:

Kate said...

Any time I see these family trip posts, I get extremely jealous. 90% of the time I am okay not being as close to everyone. I like having my own life and not being expected to be to every little thing. But I do miss spending time with my sisters. A couple days a year after a long drive just doesn't really cut it.
:(