Here's a little taste of my Sweet Sunday:
* The hysterical laughter we shared as a family before church while we watched Levi prance around the house in my high heel shoes, announcing that it was time for prayer. Try not giggling through the prayer after seeing that!
* Watching Levi and Nathan playing thumb wars during sacrament meeting. Maybe not the most reverent activity for the occasion but so heart warming watching those 2 thumbs battle it out and the giggling that was (sort of) suppressed. I adore watching my teenagers play with my babies!
* Hyrum softly humming and chattering at me during church. I felt all wrapped up in a hug of pure love as he looked me in the eyes, grinned, and babbled his best 5 month old babble as if thanking me for his full tummy, a clean diaper, and all the cuddles he could possibly want.*Hearing Erika sing in church with 26 other young women. Feeling their testimonies expressed through music was almost more than I could stand. I'm so grateful for the YW program.
*Hearing Levi bless the sacrament and watching Derek pass the sacrament. I wish they could understand the respect and admiration that I feel watching them participate in such a sacred thing and knowing that they are worthy to do so. Levi is so gentle with the cloth that covers the sacrament and offers such a sincere prayer and having Derek bring our family the sacrament today felt like a true ordinance taking place. I've never felt so in tune as I participated in renewing my covenants.
* Visiting with Silvia. Oh, what a wonderful friend! I admire and love her and her wonderful family. It was such a treat to talk with her today!
* Justin, Erika and I spent about an hour looking up places on Google Map. We saw actual pictures of Kara's, Kate's, and Joe's houses and Kellie's old house in Springville. We looked up streets that all of our other family members live on. We looked up Beijing, China and were shocked at the satellite view of the city - no green anywhere, just packed tight with buildings. It was fun to crouch around the 2 computers and learn together.
*Seeing all of my old scrapbook supplies put to good use as Erika and Derek made homemade cards. They are so creative!
*Catching a much needed nap snuggled up with Hyrum. To me it is a peaceful taste of heaven to bundle up and rest in the quiet, soft sigh of my baby nestled in my arms.
What a perfect day to start a new week!
4 comments:
you have such wonderful children. I hope I can raise my children to show such reverance and respect at church, and to have such testimonies.
thank you for the reflection, sunday's are not usually my favorite day either, it just seems more of a stress than it should be. although some are better than others, i'll admit :)
What a wonderful Sunday. After all the Sunday struggles you deserved a really great one. Wish you had a picture of Levi in the shoes :)
Good Sunday's for us are few and far between. Last Sunday my family stayed home so it was just me at church. I thought it would be really great to be alone, but I ended up helping my friend's husband with her kids while she spoke in sacrament meeting. So much for a peaceful day. :)
I sometimes wonder why I even try when I end up in the hall so often, but it is the few good Sundays that make it all worth it.
Post a Comment